Tips and Recommendations
Training courses on the subject of employee interviews are offered at least once a year for both managers and employees. For employees, the training is voluntary. New managers should always take part.
Recommendations for managers
- Ensure a pleasant and trouble-free discussion atmosphere.
- Lead the conversation by asking open questions (How? What? Which? etc.) so that information flows.
- Define a common goal for the conversation.
- Remain confident and formulate concrete statements and avoid, for example, "Under circumstances (what circumstances?) I would try (will he/she do it or not?)".
- Remain concrete at the end of the conversation.
Recommendations for managers and employees
- Be open to feedback and use it as an opportunity.
- Listen actively: develop from being a listener to being an in-listener.
- Remain authentic in facial expressions, gestures and language.
- Use simple and short sentences and present facts in a structured way.
- Convince with reasons and facts and do not focus on yourself and your own interests.
Recommendations for employees
- Make sure that the main part of the conversation is yours.
- Pay attention to clear formulations.
- Insist that a common goal of the discussion is defined.
- Make sure that the conversation is brought to a binding end.